* Ces horaires sont donnés à titre indicatif.
The Micro and Nano-fabrication course covers synthesis and fabrication methods of nanomaterials and nanostructures including “bottom-up” and “top-down” approaches. Specifically, this course will focus on the synthesis of nanoparticles, nanowires/nanorods and nanofilms of some oxides, metals and polymers materials.
A non-negligible part of this teaching implies practicals in research labs complementing the theoretical aspects tackled during lectures.
This course is divided into two parts. The outline of the first part is as follows:
- Emergence of nanotechnologies
- Nanostructures with zero, one, two and three-dimensions
- Top-down and bottom-up approaches
- Example of nanostructures: carbon nanotubes
- Chemical vapor deposition (CVD)
- Atomic layer deposition (ALD)
- Liquid phase synthesis of nanomaterials : co-precipitation, sol-gel processing and microemulsion synthetic method
- Suitable precursors for chemical vapor deposition
- Surface structure, orientation, self-organization, crystal growth…
- Epitaxy techniques
- Vacuum technology
- Thin film evaporation processes
- Laser synthesis of nanomaterials
- Plasma processing of thin films