The first semester
of the M1SOAC is designed as a bridge between your Bachelor's degree and the Master's degree.
The second semester
of the M1SOAC is designed to: i) provide students with in-depth knowledge in the disciplines of Water and Ocean Sciences, Atmosphere and Climate
, ii) allow students to acquire their first skills (M1 Option, M1 Master Project, M1 Internship).
Following the M1SOAC year common to all M2 courses, the student chooses at the end of the M1 year his/her M2 course: Ocean Sciences course, Atmospheric Sciences course, Climate Sciences course.
For more information on the content of these courses, contact A. Miffre (firstname.lastname@example.org)List of teaching units in the first semester of M1SOAC :
Physics of the atmosphere I
Climate Physics I
Professional insertion M1 List of teaching units in the second semester of M1SOAC :
Water physics I
Chemistry of the atmosphere I
Water chemistry I
Mass and energy balances
M1 master project
M1 internship (2 to 4 months, France or abroad)The SOAC Master in 3 points
1. Triple competence: Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, which can be valorized on the job market with the research and industrial partners of the Master.
2. Openness and international mobility: possibility of a year (M1, M2) abroad and / or internships (M1, M2) abroad, hosting foreign students. Courses given in English.
3. Alumni : Network of more than 400 former students who offer internships (M1, M2) and hire.
In addition to the scientific content, skills are attested to:
- Experimental measurement
- Digital programming
- Scientific writing
- Project management in a team (Master Project M1;, 4 months)
- Integration into the professional world (Internship M1, 2 to 4 months).
Researcher (academic thesis University, CNRS, institutions, industries)
Engineer in company.
The number of students is limited.
Therefore, it is advisable to contact the M1 SOAC manager (email@example.com) by email to indicate your interest. This will increase your chances of admission to the program.
You must hold or be in the process of obtaining (= this year) one of the following degrees:
Engineering Sciences, Sciences and Technologies
Life and Earth Sciences
Bachelor's degree type Major/Minor including at least one of the above titles
All the information you need to apply can be found on the program's website.
Tip: don't wait until you have all your Bachelor's grades to apply.
Practical work, written exams, written reports, oral presentations, digital project, internship.